Monetary donations are the most critical need as supplies and personnel move into the areas of greatest need.
- The Salvation Army is extremely grateful for the continued support of the donating public.
- To date, the Army has received nearly $700,000 in online donations alone to support relief efforts.
- Donors are encouraged to give online at www.SalvationArmyUSA.org or by calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769).
- You can also text the word “STORM” to 80888 to make a $10 donation through your mobile phone; to confirm your gift, respond with the word “Yes.”*
- Those interested in volunteering should register at www.disaster.salvationarmyusa.org. Please note that disaster service training is a prerequisite for volunteering in a disaster zone and not all registered volunteers will be called on to serve.
- At this point, in-kind donations, such as used clothing and used furniture, are not being accepted for hurricane relief. However, these items are vital to supporting the day-to-day work of your local Salvation Army. Please consider giving these items to your local Salvation Army Family Store or dial 1-800-SA-TRUCK (1-800-728-7825).
- Checks may be made out to The Salvation Army Disaster Services Center, PO BOX 1959 Atlanta, GA 30301. Please designate “2012 Hurricane Season” on all checks.
- Corporations, foundations and others interested in donating to The Salvation Army response effort should contact Janella Eccleston at Janella.Eccleston@use.salvationarmy.org or 845-620-7730.
Follow all the latest relief efforts by visiting The Salvation Army USA blog