The Salvation Army ‘Sabu Shake, Sr.’ Good Samaritan Center is a day use only center providing essential services to homeless and low-income clients on the Monterey Peninsula. We offer supportive services ranging from basic daily needs to long-term case management.
Hours: Monday-Friday – 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
(Closed 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm)
- Daily breakfast: 8:30am – 10:30am (coffee & pastries)
- Daily hot lunch: 10:30am – 12:00pm
- Late Plates/lunches: 1:00pm – 4:00pm (limited lunches available)
- Shower facilities: 8:30am – 11:00am AND 1:00pm – 2:00pm (for women and those working in the morning only)
- Laundry facilities: 8:30am – 10:30am (1 load/day; 2 loads/week)
- Food Boxes: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays (2:00pm – 4:00pm). SENIORS ONLY; For individuals who have permanent cooking facilities – 3rd Thursday 1:30 – 4:00 PM.
- Phone and fax usage: 8:30am – 4:00pm (business/work purposes only)
- Mail services: use of address for business mail (absolutely no checks)
- Lockers: personal usage (3 month period)
Case Management Services
- Rental Assistance (Emergency or Move-In Assistance)
- R.E.A.C.H. – PG&E Assistance program (call for eligibility)
- Homeless Case Management: Provides support, resources and referral services to homeless individuals. We do not have an on-site emergency shelter. Our goal is to advocate and link clients to available services including local homeless shelters in area
- Drug and Alcohol Services: Provides support and community resources to help clients successfully enter a drug rehabilitation program. Offers on-going support for recovering addicts to maintain a sober and clean lifestyle
- Spiritual Counseling: Provides spiritual growth & guidance to any interested clients
For more information about the ‘Sabu Shake, Sr.’ Good Samaritan Center, please contact the center directly by telephone at (831) 899-4988.