It’s almost Thanksgiving and The Salvation Army is hard at work “Doing the Most Good” that we can, which comes only through the support of our generous community. This year has been a tough year for everyone and our requests for assistance have increased from last year. Below is a list of items that are in great demand or are some of the more popular food, clothing and toy request that we are receiving. As usual, you can always requests Angel Tags, Adopt-A-Family or host a food or toy drive, but if you would like to target specific needs, this list may come in handy.
- Turkeys (frozen)–deliver to 800 Scott Street, Sand City (MAP)
- New Blankets for Seniors: Request for services from Seniors is up 40% this year.
- New Childrens’ clothing & Jackets (Ages 0-12 years): approximately 35%-40% of all requests this year are for clothing instead of toys.
- New Bikes/Trikes: We always have hundreds of bike requests each year and can only fill about 12% of those. You can donate a new bike or purchase a gift card to use toward the purchase of new bikes.
- Other popular toy items (new): Princess Barbies, Spiderman & Transformer Action Figures, CD players, art sets, educational toys, Dora the Explorer (and Diego), High School Musical toys,Â dolls, boardgames, soccer balls (and other sports), and books!
Call our office at 831-899-4911 to find out more information on how you can help us this season!
(We only provide new items during Christmas, however donations of used items can still be made by calling 1-800-958-7825)